Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
CA Veracode, the Application Security division of CA Technologies located in Burlington, MA is looking for a hard-working and energetic technicalwith strong video production skills to join our User Assistance team. The User Assistance Team is an integral part of the UX+UA department that prides itself on good relationships, a sense of fun, and the ability to work together as a team to achieve the common goals for our users. We only want to hire a professional who is a high-achiever, positive-thinker, and who deeply believes in the industry and profession of technical communication.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry. You will responsible for:
- Creating short (less than 2-minute) videos/screencasts that demonstrate new and existing features and functions
- Authoring scripts for videos, both independently and with other technical writers
- Developing relationships with PM, Development, and UX peers to understand the subject matter
- Keeping videos up-to-date as features and UIs change over time
- Authoring and editing content for both videos and technical documentation
- Optimizing content to be single-sourced for different use cases
- Checking content into content repository and get peer reviews
- Performing peer reviews for other technical writers on the team
- Participating in the planning of future publications
- Updating and maintaining style guides
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with great initiative, but who understands the importance of teamwork in high-pressure situations. This person must be ready and able to hit the ground running, creating videos immediately, writing the content as s/he goes, learning by watching, listening, and asking questions. We want an educated person who has demonstrated a strong understanding of all the concepts and philosophies of technical communication using video and online help, and who is willing to continue learning new methods and processes. S/he must be open to taking on any tasks that get the job done while maintaining a positive and self-reliant outlook. Teamwork is central to everything, especially as we work closely with the UX and PM teams, so the ability to build strong relationships and participation in team discussions is important.
She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
We are looking for someone with a bachelor’s degree in either Technical Communication, Instructional Design, or a related field, but we will consider individuals who have compensatory practical experience.
- Provide varied examples of strong technical writing and video content
- Demonstrate proficiency in video production and editing using tools such as Camtasia
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practices for video tutorial/demo content through prior work
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of writing (ideally for non-native English readers as well) through your work samples
Persons with these additional skillsets/experience will be regarded most favorably:
- Developer IDEs and build tools
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.