Education Content Specialist
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Education Content Specialist role is responsible for building informative and engaging learning content for Toast customers. This role requires you to become a subject matter expert on all that Toast has to offer. Doing so will allow you to produce industry leading learning experiences, utilize and modify existing content for online and print delivery and play a role in how our customer education program evolves. The ideal candidate for this position is customer focused, tech-savvy, and design-minded. They have a deep passion for customer education and an understanding of adult learning principles and theories. With that being said, they are also not afraid to think outside the box and disrupt the learning landscape.
What you will do:
- Creation and distribution of compelling online content that helps customers understand Toast. This includes but is not limited to the creation of knowledge base articles, job aids and reference guides using instructional design, adult learning methodologies and technology to enhance learning
- Ongoing maintenance of existing training content that exists across platforms including in-app content, customer knowledge base, training guides, job aids and Toast University
- Participates in designing, developing, testing and maintaining eLearning content
- Writes communication announcements for company newsletters/communications regarding upcoming training and events
- Collaborate internally to ensure consistency of content across teams
- Assist with customer inquiries pre- and post-training
- Assist with evaluating the effectiveness of customer training programs
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in areas that may include: developing user guides, job aids, classroom instruction, standard operating procedures, eLearning or technical documentation
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly, follow instruction and follow established standards
- Have a Can-Do attitude and willingness to learn and work hard
- Have a technical aptitude and willingness to learn new products, systems and tools
- Proven success working within collaborative, cross-functional environments to determine appropriate curricula that achieves learning objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to convert different types of content into organized and consistently designed training deliverables
- Experience and proficiency working with Learning Management Systems preferred
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and implementing learning technology and alternative methods to traditional training is a plus.
- Stays abreast of current customer-facing learning trends, tools, and technology
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer education experience