Who we are:
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing (and profitable!) consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. Now we're looking to expand our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transformation of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position:
Do you love finding the perfect books for your friends, family, and loved ones — even when their tastes are different from your own? If so, keep reading! BookBub seeks a hardworking and entrepreneurial individual to curate, organize, and edit content for our fast-growing community of book lovers, primarily through our Featured Deals product, an email filled with ebook deals that goes out to millions of readers each day.
Here’s a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
- Assess and curate Featured Deal submissions for the specific book categories they work on, making data-driven decisions based on internal data and industry research.
- Write and edit appealing, error-free ad copy for the daily Featured Deals email.
- Reliably and accurately proofread and edit the daily Featured Deals product before it goes out to millions of readers.
- Develop an in-depth and hands-on understanding of BookBub’s business model and products.
- Contribute content to other products — new release discovery, book recommendations, blog posts, content marketing, site discovery, etc. — as needed.
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- Passion for matching readers with books they’ll enjoy
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues and work cross-functionally with other teams
The ability to think analytically and get excited about BookBub’s data-driven approach to decision-making
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment where work can occasionally get chaotic and be required at off-hours (occasional weekends and holidays)
- Experience in publishing or bookselling a plus
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, a take-what-you-need paid time off, and an open office space full of ardent readers! Learn more about becoming a part of the BookBub team.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.