Editor (Romance) at BookBub
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.About the position
Do you love finding the perfect books for your friends, family, and loved ones — even when their tastes are different from your own? If so, keep reading! BookBub seeks a hardworking and entrepreneurial individual to curate, organize, and edit content for our fast-growing community of book lovers, primarily through our Featured Deals product, an email filled with ebook deals that goes out to millions of readers each day. We’re looking for a savvy wordsmith and creative thinker with demonstrated interest in the romance genre and its subgenres.
This is an in-office role in Cambridge, MA, and has a start date as early as December 2019.Here’s an example of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in the position:
- Assess and curate Featured Deal submissions for a portion of BookBub’s romance categories, making data-driven decisions based on internal data and industry research
- Write and edit appealing, error-free ad copy for the daily Featured Deals email
- Reliably and accurately proofread and edit the daily Featured Deals product before it goes out to millions of readers
- Develop an in-depth and hands-on understanding of BookBub’s business model and products
- Contribute content to other products — new release discovery, book recommendations, blog posts, content marketing, site discovery, etc. — as needed
- Passion for matching readers with romance novels they’ll enjoy
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues and work cross-functionally with other teams
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment where work can occasionally get chaotic and be required at off-hours (occasional weekends and holidays)
- Experience in publishing or bookselling a plus, particularly related to the romance industry
- The ability to think analytically and get excited about BookBub’s data-driven approach to decision-making
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.