Editor-In-Chief at DraftKings
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:02 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Lead a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing quickly and are searching for an Editor-In-Chief to join our internal agency. You will help us create, coordinate, and deploy compelling content across the DraftKings channel ecosystem that builds a stronger emotional connection with our players. Creating and leading this content effort is integral to our mission to build an engaged, motivated, and passionate legion of sports fans that will drive the business forward and develop DraftKings into a lifestyle brand.
What you’ll do as an Editor-In-Chief:
- Create a vision for what content will look like across platforms
- You will drive our editorial process and alignment across the organization.
- Orchestrate our daily content calendar across the connected ecosystem of DraftKings digital channels as well as select partner channels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to align on messaging focus, consumer journeys, and editorial opportunities.
- Partner with the Creative Director to identify brand building and storytelling opportunities through the lens of creative content and tent-pole company activations and promotions.
- Partner with Analytics teams to create a Single Source of Truth on KPI achievement and ensure that data is playing an integral role in content decision making.
- Lead regular reviews and reporting relative to content measurement/performance, assemble insights/actions from those reviews, and propagate learnings and actions across our internal agency team.
- Coordinate with content creation partners to drive a “build once, use many” model that ensures full utilization of great content and enables us to capitalize on sporting cultural moments.
What skills you will use:
- 10+ years of experience working in digital media with a consumer-facing brand (sports, entertainment, technology).
- Ability to work well under editorial deadlines and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong functional knowledge of digital channels combined with editorial instincts, production experience and creative skills.
- Superior writing skills and the ability to operate with strong editorial rigor at the speed of sports.
- Team player, motivated to build internal confidence and alignment.
- Avid sports fan is preferred.
- Ideally, you also have experience with fantasy sports and/or other gaming products.
- Past experience in a journalistic or editorial setting is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description