DOCUMENTATION CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at Evolv Technology
Who We Are
Evolv is a venture backed startup developing technology to detect and prevent active shooters and terrorists from attacking places where people gather. Our products have screened more than 10 million people, keeping them safe at stadiums, concert venues, tourist locations, hospitals, workplaces, houses of worship, and airports. Our Physical Intelligence Platform combines unique sensor networks, AI-powered threat recognition, powerful analytics, and cloud connectivity to deliver entrance security at the speed of life.
We are backed by world class investors and advisors including Bill Gates, General Catalyst Partners, Data Collective, Lux Capital, and former leaders from National Security and Counter-Terrorism Agencies. Our customer base has grown rapidly over the past 18 months to include many leading organizations in their respective fields. Having established strong demand for our initial product line, we are now recruiting leaders in sales, marketing, product, customer success, and engineering to scale up the business.
What we seek
Evolv is looking for a Documentation Control and Management Specialist to manage change order flow for engineering (ECO) and manufacturing (MCO), as well as coordinate and manage operations documents. The work involves new product introduction and build management, release of new hardware and software products to manufacturing, and sustaining our existing products. The Documentation Control and Management Specialist will support and coordinate with product development owners (hardware, mechanical, software, and QA) in the development of documentation, approval requirements, and SOPs, as well as in the routing of documents for approval via engineering, manufacturing departments, and contract manufacturing (both onshore and offshore) facilities. Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying standard process routings in Arena to meet the requirements of the change process
- Maintaining the status of the change in Arena from initial creation through release
- Supporting AVL and component obsolescence, coordinating with manufacturing and engineering teams
- Acting as a process mentor to the product teams for released products and new product development
- Ensuring product structure (BOM) reflects accurate product definition
- Upon submission of ECO for final approval, attaching/vaulting all source files and images to Part or Document Objects in the Arena system
- Verifying solid models, drawings and supporting files/documents to generate ECO collateral
- Verifying all product documentation source files are properly vaulted in Arena repository
- Supporting new software releases by assembling the ECO, updating network folders and AWS services as required
- Coordinating with release Engineering, creating a code-release package and ECO code for manufacturing
What you bring
You have at least five years of experience in document control, design drafting, and/or configuration management, with at least two complex projects delivered NPI to production. You have strong record-keeping skills, you excel at multi-tasking, and you have a high attention to detail. You are organized and can work well with both individuals and teams. Previous experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment is a strong plus. You have your Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred). In addition, you can also demonstrate the following:
- Thorough understanding of documentation standards, product structures (BOMs) and their interaction with manufacturing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proofreading, technical editing, and technical writing skills a plus
- Manufacturing industry experience strongly desired; experience operating in an ISO9001 manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must be knowledgeable of and have user experience with PLM systems, working knowledge of Arena is a must
- Must have strong skills/experience in new product development and the new product introduction process
Why Work at Evolv?
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of researchers, engineers, sales and marketing executives, product managers, advisors, board members, and leading customers who share our vision for a safer world. Equity is an important component of every compensation package. We offer a flexible work environment, a unique culture, and competitive benefits: medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, and an unlimited vacation policy.
This is an opportunity for you to build a world class product portfolio and make a real difference in the world. Come join us today!