Digital Video Producer at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation, and vehicle history.
As a Digital Video Producer, you’ll be responsible for the creation and optimization of consumer-facing video productions. Reporting to the Content and Social Media Director, you will work closely with Editorial and broader Consumer Marketing teams. A successful candidate will possess outstanding organizational and communication skills, a finely tuned visual sense, and an ability to make arguments based upon data.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Test Drive Review video planning and scheduling
- Produce East Coast video shoots on set, ensuring CarGurus’ voice and quality standards are met
- Shoot and edit vehicle photography for social-media distribution
- Post-produce Test Drive Review content from East and West coast freelance teams
- Contribute to media ideation and creation for release through consumer social-media channels
- Edit video and animate graphics
- Participate in industry networking events and maintain industry contacts
- Communicate results, key insights, and recommendations to management
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a visual arts or marketing related discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience, with a background in video production and social media
- Open access to a car - there will be travel in the MA and NE region
- Strong understanding of videography and photography skills and best practices
- Strong understanding of the Adobe design suite, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience in video marketing and analytics
- Motion graphics skills preferred
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional experience with social-media networks, knowledge of Hootsuite a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity, and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible, and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy, with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.