Digital Content Editor
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provide the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity.
Enough about us… Let’s talk about you!
As the Digital Content Editor, you will be central to Rapid7’s efforts to create engaging online experiences that inspire secure innovation and drive demand for our solutions. You are a well-rounded writer/editor who can drive our blog and digital content strategy. You have passion for creating original —not fluffy!— content, fluency in technology, strong project management skills, and desire to make an impact in an increasingly important industry.
- You will establish and manage Rapid7’s overall blog calendar and strategy, aligning to Rapid7’s business objectives and goals.
- Write and produce fresh blog content on all of Rapid7’s solutions and areas of expertise, working with experts and contributors across Rapid7 and externally.
- Be a gatekeeper for quality control, fact-checking, and best practices, guiding contributors on how to effectively meet their objectives while telling engaging stories.
- Ensure all blog content is promoted through social channels, and monitor blog posts for comments and coordinate responses with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Rapid7 experts to manage the production of our original research reports, including copyediting, coordinating with graphic designers, and creating engaging digital landing pages.
- Support the Rapid7 Services’ Centers of Excellence to produce original content, including blog posts, ebooks, and website content.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new technologies and strategies to help bring our content to life and maximize impact.
- 2-4 years in a marketing content or editorial-related role
- Writing samples or a portfolio of work
- Technology industry experience (cybersecurity preferred)
- Familiarity with SEO and inbound marketing concepts
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- Thrives in fast-paced environment, adaptable to change, undaunted by deadlines
- Organized, collaborative, service oriented
- Seeks opportunities to turn ordinary ideas into brilliant realities
- Wired to want to help others
- Committed to continual learning and growth
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to bring projects to closure in a timely manner