Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
The Position: Copywriter
Often you hear that a picture is worth a thousand words—but that does not apply to your words. You’re a master at turning a thousand words to a handful of inspiring, wonderful, and motivating copy. Ogilvy is not just a name to you, Ogilvy is copy personified. You’re obsessed with ideas and finding the stories brands need to tell in order for them to become and stay relevant to their customers. You’re as bold and brave as your copy without being rude or pushy. Your copy is backed by strategy, creativity, and emotional impact. Are you ready to make your mark?
What you’ll do in the role:
You understand and believe that great copy is an art and actively strive to make copy an essential part to any great piece of brand or product work. You’ll collaborate with the Creative Director to define copy, tone, and content strategy across multiple marketing touchpoints, product lines and across teams like product, sales, brand, marketing, and more. You’ll work to create and establish a high-quality and deliberate editorial voice and tone. You’ll craft messages in headlines, short form, web, presentations, campaigns, and ads. In addition, you’ll define copy in website navigation, define content models, and create amazing microcopy for user interfaces to delight our users. You’ll bring your proven ability to collaborate across teams, across designers and multiple stakeholders. Our product and audience is very technical, so you’ll distill complex concepts and acumen that is approachable and exciting.
- Collaborate with product, brand designers, and marketers to craft amazing stories
- Work with CD to define the brand strategy and translate that into a content strategy
- Develop content attributes that define a deliberate editorial voice and tone
- Create navigation copy architecture, nomenclature and content models
- Write engaging copy for user interface labels & microcopy within Mendix products
- Present remarkable copy and ideas for integrated, cross-channel initiatives – including large Web initiatives, online advertising & digital marketing
- Define copy for branding projects, product naming, tag line creation, campaign ideation and everything in between
- Devise high-level conceptual ideas and do detailed short form or long form copy across projects as needed
- Collaborate across global design team to ensure a consistent brand voice
Requirements & Education:
- Experience writing & distributing copy for 5 years within the brand or marketing functions of Boston’s most cutting edge, current and innovative technology companies
- Experience condensing highly technical concepts and writing for a technical audience. Bonus for B2B at the Enterprise level.
- Comprehensive understanding of how to best influence and use bought, earned and owned media. Strong knowledge of a variety of digital marketing channels preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in content strategy trends
- A history of engaging deeply with the motivations and aspirations of your audiences so that you can speak to them in the most effective and compelling way possible
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- ****Writing portfolio with your best samples and case studies are a must. Candidates without a portfolio/samples will not be considered
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description