Copy Director at Klaviyo
How You'll Make a Difference
- Lead the strategy to evolve and implement Klaviyo brand voice and messaging through a hands-on approach
- Brainstorm with the Creative team on complex projects/campaigns to ensure copy plays a leading role in establishing our brand globally
- Inspire and advocate for creative excellence across all copy channels
- Oversee strategy and execution for all materials requiring copy - from email to landing pages to interactive marketing campaigns
- Grow, mentor, and lead a small team of copywriters, allowing them to successfully execute across all channels and initiatives
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Marketing team (including Brand, Growth, Content, Social and Product Marketing) as well as other key stakeholders throughout the org to ensure cross-functional integration and the implementation of Klaviyo’s evolving voice
- Define the ever growing vision for the copy team looking at every project, no matter the size/scope, as an opportunity to innovate, delight, and bring the brand to life
- Serve as a meticulous proofreader of your work and other colleagues’ work; you are truly our Editor in Chief!
Who You Are
- 10+ years experience leading copywriting at a creative agency or brand creative team
- 3+ years experience in a Senior Manager or Director level role
- Strong portfolio that showcases a wide array of experience in writing for technology, B2B, consumer tech or Saas etc
- Experience with B2C, UX and/or comedy writing is a plus.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback
- You can explain tech to your parents.
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.