Content Strategist, Video Production at Klaviyo
As a Content Strategist, Video Production, you’ll create and oversee the production of high-quality marketing video and audio content that helps Klaviyo and our customers grow their businesses. You’ll manage video and audio content projects from start to finish—from ideation to storyboarding, filming/recording to editing, and collaborating on distribution plans to measuring performance.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Content is core to our plan to build awareness for Klaviyo and to grow our community, so you’ll be playing a critical role in the growth of our business and in helping both Klaviyo and our customers achieve business goals.
- You’ll employ a story-first strategy across content, which means you’ll identify the best format through which to tell particular stories across all marketing channels.
- You’ll creatively tell stories through both short and long-form video and audio content (social ads/teasers, show-based content, etc.).
- You’ll work closely with Klaviyo’s content strategists to turn concepts into content and create high-quality video and audio projects that both entertain and educate the audience while aligning with Klaviyo’s brand.
What Your Work Will Look Like
You’ll be part of the Content Marketing team and you’ll report to Klaviyo’s Managing Editor.
- Pitch ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, what differences and similarities exist across segments and personas, what questions they have, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for highly engaging video and audio content that’ll help to solve business problems and make an impact.
- Create discoverable and engaging video and audio content. You’ll collaborate with content strategists, demand gen leads, SEO experts, and social team members to come up with new ideas for video and audio-based content that appeal to an audience across a variety of marketing channels and at different stages of their buyer journey. Ultimately, you’ll bring video and audio-based creative ideas to life.
- Manage production and production logistics. You know what goes into producing high-quality video and audio content, and you’ll handle the production process from end to end—everything from coming up with ideas, scoping projects, scripting videos, scouting locations, pulling permits, gathering props, filming, and post-production.
- Book and prep on-air talent. You’ll identify, schedule, coach, and prep on-air talent so our video and audio content are both easily digestible and fun to watch/listen to.
- Develop a strategy for Klaviyo’s YouTube, Instagram, and emerging social channels. You’ll collaborate with Klaviyo’s social media manager and SEO lead to ensure video and audio content is easily discoverable and binge-able by our audience.
- Monitor performance. You’ll collaborate with team members to monitor and share how many people are discovering, watching, sharing, and signing up for our content.
Who You Are
- You’re first and foremost a marketer who understands how to tell easily understandable and compelling stories through highly discoverable and engaging video and audio formats.
- You know how to coach your fellow Klaviyos on what makes for exceptional video/audio content, and how to keep the content production process moving smoothly and on-brand.
- You have experience with professional-grade camera, lighting, and audio equipment, and you’re proficient with video and audio editing software and post-production techniques.
- You’re curious by nature, you draw your inspiration from anywhere but typical corporate content, and you’re energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- You have at least five years of experience working either with or for B2B brands in a video production capacity, preferably with experience marketing to fellow marketers.
- And if you can create motion graphics and animations, that’s a plus!
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.