Content Marketing Manager at Hometap
As the Content Marketing Manager, you will lead Hometap’s content marketing strategy including the development and distribution of high quality, engaging content across multiple channels that generates awareness and drives leads throughout the funnel. This role requires you to have strong copywriting skills and ability to create compelling content intended for the web, email, social, and PR. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once and reporting to the Director of Marketing. You’ll be a part of a small but committed team excited to be building a new option for homeowners, a strong brand and a successful business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- The development and ongoing maintenance of an editorial calendar and content roadmap, used to plan and track timelines for the production and distribution of content
- The end-to-end creation of content to reach homeowners, create awareness, educate stakeholders, and generate leads, including but not limited to blog posts, ad copy, one pagers, ebooks/guides, case studies/homeowner stories, video scripts, infographics, email content, landing pages, direct mail, social media posts, and more
- Developing and continuously optimizing a content distribution strategy; identifying the appropriate channels and platforms needed to ensure the right content reaches the right audience at the right time
- Working closely with Product Managers, Investment Managers, Finance/Underwriting professionals, channel partners, external influencers and industry experts to identify topics and produce relevant content that meets the needs of our key audiences throughout the entire customer journey
- Creating a social media strategy with clear goals and objectives; managing the strategy, tactics and execution of daily engagement (organic) and promotion (paid) across Hometap’s social channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube with possible growth to new platforms such as Pinterest
- Managing a team of freelance copywriters and graphic designers/illustrators, adhering to deadlines and production schedule and upholding company style guide
- Researching and becoming an expert in the consumer finance industry, specifically within the home equity lending and investment space
- Collaborating with our PR Agency to develop content for thought leadership articles, editorials, product comparisons, reviews, etc.
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Agency in developing effective keyword targeting strategy and executing on planned SEO tactics to maximize organic reach and engagement; continuously optimizing website content in order to support lead conversion opportunities and sales goals
- Identifying opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed
- Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of all content marketing and social media efforts. Leverage findings to continually tune the editorial calendar, content roadmap, and distribution channels
What You Bring
- 5 - 7 years of experience in content marketing or marketing communications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly. You have an eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
- Portfolio of engaging marketing materials including blogs, ebooks, case studies, emails, landing pages, web content, infographics, and other short-form and long-form content
- A natural curiosity and the know how to ask the right questions in order to understand complex topics and uncover subject matter expertise
- Experience with basic content management systems and a working knowledge of marketing automation systems
- Strong knowledge of leveraging social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin and working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Top-notch project management skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Must be able to work and prioritize in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Bonus Points: Experience working for a startup and/or consumer finance or real estate company
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.