As a Certification Exam Developer, you will design, develop and evaluate certification exams for the InterSystems’ community. To do this you will collaborate with various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and internal stakeholders while following internal quality processes and industry standards for creating valid, reliable, and defensible exams.
Your work will ultimately aid in the recognition of the skill achievements of our customers and partners who work with InterSystems products. As such, you should be comfortable with software development concepts such as coding, data structures, system architecture design, as well as system administration and deployment.
- Leads exam development processes to create industry-standard certification exams
- Develops certification paths for learner roles
- Conducts JTAs (job task analyses) to ensure exam design validity
- Scopes and defines exams and get stakeholder buy-in
- Leads SMEs in question item design and creation
- Writes question items and reviews using accepted processes
- Performs industry-standard cut-score analyses and question item selection
- Leads exam beta testing, identifying candidates and providing support
- Delivers and supports certification exams using exam delivery system
- Follows and assists the development of certification team quality processes
- Works with team to ensure exam and certification program uptake and evolution
- Periodically assess the success of the certification effort using reports and make recommendations for improvement
- Strong technical skills, preferably in software development
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, act as a team player and adapt to change and growth needs
- Excellent data organization and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates a strong interest in the learning industry and is a life-long learner (we can train you on the rest)
- Experience developing technical exams or other assessment items
- Experience writing assessment items such as multiple choice-test questions
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Experience in the learning industry as a trainer or courseware developer
Education and Training
- Qualification in the learning industry, such as Psychometrics, Instructional Design, Educational Assessment, etc. or demonstrable equivalent work experience is a plus
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.