Business Intelligence Analyst
Ideal Candidate: An aspiring analyst with a quantitative background who has a strong desire to make an impact on business decisions with data. You appreciate the power of a data-driven environment and predictive analytics!
Introduction to the team: Business Intelligence (Analytics) Team is an exciting blend of business, big data, and technology. At Wayfair, the Business Intelligence team empowers people in every part of the company to make better decisions with data.Working on the Business Intelligence Team is a premier opportunity to further develop your career in business and big data analytics.
Each Business Intelligence Analyst is aligned with one or more groups, such as Marketing, Logistics, or Customer Service and partners with those teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether you’re measuring site performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or optimizing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
At their core, Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy SQL coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one.
- Consult with internal business users/stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Working with several large and complex SQL and Vertica databases
- Working with OLAP reporting technology, such as cubes, MDX, and data mining techniques
- Designing and building reports, dashboards, and analyses in Excel, Python, SQL, and Tableau.
- BA/BS with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, a quantitative social science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics etc.
- 0-3 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Experience with Excel (pivot tables etc. ) and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.