Analytics Applications Engineer
CarGurus is a technology company first and foremost. That means our engineers are at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for self-motivated engineers, who are passionate about building software that will help drive our mission forward as we continue to grow and scale to become the world’s number one most trusted automotive marketplace.
About the Team:
Our goal on the Data Engineering team is to solve challenging problems by bringing all our data “to the table”. We love building dashboards, slicing and dicing information all while working cross-functionally with every department in the company.
What You’ll Do
- Support our efforts to develop a single source of truth for our KPIs and metrics.
- Visualize data and trends to answer key business questions, and to help shape the future of our product offerings.
- Work with stakeholders and leadership across the organization to translate business analysis requirements into logical data models, using our analytics platform.
- Build automated, beautiful dashboards, visualizations, and reports that surface key business insights to Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, and other areas of the organization.
- Provide exceptional customer service as an “internal consultant”.
- Administer and support analytics tools
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of experience in data modeling, data engineering, business intelligence, or a related field.
- Familiar with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools.
- Familiar with Google Analytics.
- Knack for telling a compelling story with data visualizations.
- Ambitious team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
- Software engineering skills in Python a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or other large-scale databases a plus.
- Detective, with keen interest in solving business problems with data.