Account Manager, Caterer Partnerships & Support
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $21 billion market. Our 1.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
Account Management and Support are the central nervous system of our network of 55,000+ caterer partners. We’re looking for the ultimate jack-of-all-trades to make each caterer feel confident that their business is in fantastic hands. Have you worked in the food industry, retail, sales or account management? Do you want to put your eclectic skill set to use in multiple job functions? Are you a creative problem-solver who can consistently juggle varied tasks? Can you think like a marketing consultant one minute and an accountant the next?
- Be the primary point of contact for our caterer partners.
- Establish a relationship with a pre-assigned group of caterers (with the goal of growing the partnership in an insanely helpful manner).
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate caterer’s needs on an ongoing basis.
- Handle all caterer inquiries and concerns, resolving what you can and escalating issues when necessary.
- Manage and generate monthly report requests for our caterer partners.
- Ensure that our partners are consistently and appropriately aware of the added value that ezCater’s programs/services provide (this includes our Preferred Caterer and ezRewards programs).
- Forecast and track key account metrics.
- Identify trends, make suggestions, and provide feedback to management regarding improved processes for the department and our partners.
- 2+ years working in a customer-facing role.
- Strong written and verbal skills -- you’ll be communicating by phone and through email daily.
- The ability to stay organized and multi-task in an environment that redirects quickly and frequently.
- The flexibility to grow and adjust as your company, department, and position do (you consider this a pro, not a con!)
- Experience or familiarity with the catering and/or restaurant industries.
- A service with a smile attitude.
What you’ll get from us: Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, gym reimbursement, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.