Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world - and we're expanding. If you have great technical skill, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
We're looking for a great web developer with experience building large scale web applications. We take for granted that you know server-side code inside and out, whether that be in Node.js, Python, PHP or all of the above. We're also expecting you to be creative in designing services, proficient enough in one or more mobile platforms and front-end frameworks to hold your own with our app teams, and humble enough to both take feedback and mentor others.
What we offer is the chance to work with a small, passionate team inside Brightcove to build some amazing video platforms, a good salary, options, benefits, unlimited vacation and a great office.
- Primarily responsible for writing robust, well-organized code with performance, maintainability and portability in mind.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Assist in architectural planning and help shape the overall design of various components within a client’s solution
- Mentor more junior staff members and be a role model for best practices in technical development
- 4+ years of experience in web development
- Strong Object Oriented Programming and Development skills
- Strong understanding of other front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Proficient with front-end technologies, including React and Angular
- Basic proficiency with legacy front-end technologies, including jQuery
- Basic proficiency with server-side languages, including PHP and NodeJS
- Understanding data security compliance and security best practices
- Experience in profiling, debugging and troubleshooting systems
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Experience with nginx, AWS and cloud-based architecture
- Familiar with Linux-based systems, comfortable in the terminal and SSH
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
We are located in Boston's innovation district of Fort Point within walking distance from the South Station.