User Interface/Interaction Designer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs develops the most powerful and intuitive software experiences in the industry. 3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting new technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
Formlabs’ Design Team is seeking an experienced interaction designer to lead the development of our user interfaces and software tools, and act as a liaison between design and software development. As member of the team, you will work across disciplines to redefine how people bridge the transition from digital models to beautiful, physical objects through 3D printing. If you’re excited to reinvent how people make things, we’d love for you to join us as a User Interface / Interaction Designer!
- Develop user interfaces from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect interactive mock-ups
- Develop the UI/UX of our core software products across desktop, embedded, and web
- Create an intuitive, beautiful, powerful, and consistent software experience for our users
- Instill a commitment to detail-focused, polished, clean, and pixel-perfect UI
- Understand the capabilities of our hardware and algorithms to find the right balance between simplicity and power in the tools that we build
- Work and collaborate across multiple engineering and creative teams
- Sketch, design, prototype, test, and iterate on a continuous basis to invent, try, and communicate new ideas
- Passionate about user interface design and overall user experience
- Know the difference between good and great design with strong graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Have a clear creative vision, while knowing how to bring projects from idea to completion
- Understand the value of mockups and fast prototyping as tools in your creative process and have the software development (fluency in C++, Java, or C#) and creative coding experience (openFrameworks, Cinder, Processing, etc) to make that happen
- Excited to work with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- Interested in continuously learning new tools and techniques and creating a user experience across a wide range of platforms
- Have a background in design, fine arts, and/or computer science; but we care much more that you are interested in and enthusiastic about the responsibilities of the role than about the particularities of your background
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, and/or related technologies
- Experience developing interactive applications in Unity
- Familiarity with and/or interest in animation and motion graphics
*A portfolio is required for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.