DraftKings is a technology company that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions on the planet. Focused on the rapidly growing Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) space, DraftKings offers players the opportunity to compete through web and mobile channels in 1-day or 1-week fantasy sports contests for cash prizes and money-can’t-buy experiences. Founded in 2012, we are headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in New York City and London. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company experiencing explosive growth while inventing an industry. We bring the most incredible experiences and the industry's biggest contests to our players. We are looking for exceptional talent to play for our team! Apply today and be a part of our success story.
As a UI Designer you will be responsible for the visual design of our native Android solution.
- Work cross platform:
- Deep understanding of best practices and standards on Android devices and ability to educate others
- General understanding of designing for iOs, Web, Mobile Web, Tablet, etc.
- Closely collaborate with the experience architects (UX) and developers as needed.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to understand business requirements
- Deliver highly functional, user-focused designs, prototypes and annotations (as needed)
- Create mobile design solutions that satisfy business strategies and user needs
- Balance multiple projects concurrently with a high degree of organization and execution
- Participate in User Acceptance Tests while features are in development
- 3+ years experience in mobile user interface planning and design
- Portfolio illustrating engaging and inspiring mobile design work
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over typography, interaction design, and usability
- Expert control over design applications, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, or similar programs
- Experience with responsive design methods and development of design iterations
- Skilled in design asset production for development implementation
- The ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- A passion for sports and knowledge of fantasy sports
Keys to Success
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Develop successful relationships within the team and with other departments
- Embrace change
- Demonstrate business savvy