Technical Writer - Developer Documentation
Cybereason is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join the team. In this position, you work closely with engineers, and product managers, and customer-facing teams to produce developer-centric documentation for a cutting-edge cybersecurity platform.
In this position you will:
- Plan, write, and maintain technical content, including developer documentation, API references, and tutorials.
- Take a hands-on approach to creating documentation; become a subject matter expert in Cybereason products.
- Contribute to the design and development process, and provide input and feedback on product usability.
- Use open source tools (RST/Sphinx) to author and publish online documentation
- Use Git to manage documentation source
- At least 5 years of professional technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated experience documenting APIs and creating developer documentation
- A broad understanding of programming languages, including the ability to read code in at least one language.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Expert research and interviewing skills
- Ability to understand and explain complex systems, code, implementation and integration processes in simple terms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication or Computer Science.
- Programming experience
- Experience using source control (SVN, GIT) to manage content source
- Experience writing Swagger documentation, and working with Engineering to automatically generate parameter and response data for use in Swagger.
- Experience developing scripts to test and demonstrate API capabilities.
- Experience working on a documentation team, working in a collaborative environment
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for cybersecurity, computer science, and technical communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills