Technical Editor, Linux
DigitalOcean provides the simplest experience to launch and manage your server infrastructure online. Our Community team educates and engages with millions of developers throughout the world by curating a rich collection of sysadmin tutorials and evangelizing emerging open source technologies.
We are looking for a technical individual who is passionate about writing, learning, and open source technologies. Our Technical Editors provide instructive guides on managing Linux infrastructure, installing and configuring software, and implementing best practices. We are looking for someone to help us continue to expand our knowledge base for Linux users around the world.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Produce and evaluate topic ideas for future articles
- Research to build a working knowledge on each topic
- Write and edit articles on open source topics for the DigitalOcean Community
- Maintain existing articles by updating content where appropriate
- Coordinate to ensure topic coverage and avoid overlap where possible
- Participate in Community initiatives (feature launch prep work, strategic tasks, etc.)
- Assist other teams with documentation and non-documentation tasks
What We'll Expect From You:
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Linux and BSD: Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Arch and Free BSD
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, NoSQL
- Web Servers: Apache, Nginx
- Configuration Management/Automation: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc
- CMSes: Wordpress, Joomla!, Ghost, Drupal, etc
- Mail: Postfix, Sendmail, Dovecot, Exim, etc.
- Miscellaneous: Git, VPN, version control, backups, DNS, logging, load balancing, security, etc.
- Experience working on the Linux command line in a server environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.