The Solution Designer is a key, client-facing role within the Implementation Services team at Vestmark. As the bridge between the sales cycle and the implementation cycle, the Solution Designer is instrumental in ensuring that the client has a smooth and seamless transition from sales to implementation. The role is responsible for understanding the prospective client’s business operations, and using that understanding to construct an appropriate and well positioned product demonstration, as a first iteration. Subsequently, the Solution Designer will gain a more granular understanding of the business requirements through the Discovery process, and complete a mapping of the client’s business requirements to VestmarkONE functionality. The SD will articulate this mapping in a functional design document, which forms the basis of the overall system configuration effort. The Solution Designer, along with the Project Manager, acts as the initial engagement team to gather the necessary information to effectively plan an implementation, taking into account product development dependencies and implementation complexities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
Implementation – Discovery Phase
Implementation – Transition Phase
- Responsible for the development of less experienced Business Analysts, through dedicated, mentor relationships
- Maintain high level of VestmarkONE product knowledge and technology changes
- Remain current on industry trends, at the product, business and technology level
- Perform initial review and triage of incoming CE-related Change Requests (CRs) and oversee the workflow from receipt to flushing out requirements to sizing to SOW with CE and RM.Act as a conduit for client and product feedback to Vestmark Product Management.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in financial services in more than one of: front office, middle office, back office
- Experience either, using investment management software tools; or conducting client-facing product demonstrations of same.
- Strong business analysis skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional client communication and presentation skills. Must be able to gain credibility quickly with front-office and mid-office client stakeholders.
- Experienced thinking dynamically, in a pre-sales setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex financial and functional information to both small and large groups in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills, including earning respect and cooperation of colleagues and clients
- Self-motivated, able to plan, prioritize and work with a complex schedule of events and activities
- Excellent team player able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience in professional services or consulting, ideally in financial services with enterprise software
- Conceptual understanding of enterprise software architecture
- Travel required is approximately 25 - 30%, dependent upon client demands