Software Engineer Advocate
DataRobot is seeking an extremely talented Software Engineer to be an advocate and evangelist of the DataRobot product for the software development community. At DataRobot you will work with among world-class data scientists, software engineers, and an executive team that is super passionate about data science. We believe the automation of data science workflows will transform the data analysis and intelligence industry and we are delivering to our vision in a fast paced, rapidly growing, execution focused company.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate product development status and direction throughout all areas of the company and have previous experience with extract, transform, and load product development. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements, epics, and stories. You will work with marketing communications to define the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
You will gather product vision, ideas, and requirements from both external and internal sources, create and maintain a dynamic roadmap, and work with an enthusiastic development team to deliver the data ingestion and integration capabilities within the DataRobot product. As a DataRobot product evangelist you will convince respective Software Engineers everywhere that we can turn them into a hero and advance their career by using the DataRobot product.
- Work directly with the executive team to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Product Marketing content and positioning for the Software Engineering community
- Solicit and capture product ideas from both outside and inside the company
- Deliver product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Act as an effective liaison between engineering/data science and marketing/sales teams
- Manage the entire lifecycle of software releases from concept to launch and sunset
- Maintain the product roadmap and deliver to clients and sales teams as necessary
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Act as a thought leader within the company
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong interest in learning data science, especially predictive analytics
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) experience
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in technology, specifically software, big data, analytics, or machine learning
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- The position will be based on Boston, MA.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification
- Product Management Certificate
- Advanced degrees in a relevant field (such as statistics, computer science, or MBA)
- Experience in agile product management using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with time series data