Senior Software Engineer - Growth Team
Senior Software Engineer - Learner Growth
edX is an MIT startup company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet all working toward the mission of further education!
Our awesome Learner:Growth team - focused on enhancing Learners’ experience through testing (using A/B tests) the creation of new features - is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in our Cambridge office. This will be a major focus for edX this year and we're looking for an eager engineer to help implement/invent new product and feature ideas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the Growth team by leveraging your skills in technical direction, priority setting, and execution/delivery.
- Contribute to the ideation process - the Growth team often works on feature ideas that come from our engineers.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
- Understand and leverage key aspects of building operationally viable solutions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of professional experience required.
- Experience with Python or other dynamic development languages. (We use Python, but we can ramp you up if you’re new to it. We're confident you'll love the stack after we train you up!)
- Values teamwork, collaboration and an evolving start-up atmosphere.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience with React, Backbone, and Webpack.
- Extra points if you share an active Github profile or other project you’re proud of.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Committed to documentation best practices - your code will be consumed in an open source environment!
- Familiarity with standards compliant front-end development and accessibility best practices.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.