Superpedestrian brings together design, robotics, and mobile technologies to develop new forms of human-powered mobility for cities. Our first product is the award-winning Copenhagen Wheel, licensed exclusively to Superpedestrian by MIT.
People at Superpedestrian are both thinkers and doers with a wide variety of backgrounds. They are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, methodical and whimsical. If you like making things and you are creative and committed, you may belong on our team. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, create, and invent.
Life at Superpedestrian is about creating the magic that people feel when they ride the Copenhagen Wheel. We are seeking a Senior Buyer and Planner with experience purchasing mechanical assemblies and components. You will be responsible for receiving and organizing quotes, placing orders with suppliers and transferring material between our warehouse and our Contract Manufacturer.
What You’ll do:
- Generate RFQs, analyze costs, and purchase parts from new and existing vendors
- Process purchase requisitions
- Follow up with vendors to ensure delivery of existing orders
- Create and maintain our material purchasing plan based on our production forecast
- Participate in Material Review Boards and process Return Material Authorizations with our Contract Manufacturer
- Transfer material to our Contract Manufacturer and support Accounting with invoicing the CM for this material
- Suggest new vendors for COTS parts
- Handle receiving of parts and manage our inventory
- Update and maintain our Vendor Database
- Create and manage inbound and outbound freight shipments
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years work experience in Senior Buyer/Planner roles within a global organization
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Experience with sourcing mechanical parts from suppliers in Asia
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to effectively work with global suppliers
- Able to manage multiple projects and maintain focus at all times to meet deadlines
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Experience with a wide range of ERP/MRP systems and projects is a plus
- Previous work experience at both small and large companies is a plus