Sales Operations Admin
The Sales Operations Admin will own the technological backbone of Catalant’s sales engine. You will work closely with the Sales Analytics & Strategy Manager (direct manager), VP of Strategy, sales leadership, and cross-functional partners to:
- Optimize our CRM (Salesforce.com) as the foundation for data-driven decision making
- Ensure an ergonomic user experience and maximum productivity for our sales team across our sales ‘tech stack’
Candidates for this role should have a solid foundation in Salesforce administration and configuration, or equivalent CRM/technical experience.
- Primary administrator for Salesforce.com – identifying, designing, and implementing improvements to our setup
- Maximize data integrity while minimizing end-user (salesperson) pain; ensure the cleanliness of new data and lead efforts to cleanse existing data
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations Manager to ensure optimal inbound lead flows and lifecycle management, across all sales & marketing touchpoints and hand-offs
- Develop/deliver Salesforce and related tools documentation and training; own change management for larger features, changes, and new tools adoption
- As needed, field Salesforce-related internal support requests; identify opportunities for ‘preventative care’ via technical improvements or additional training
- Optimize processes for scalability, repeatability, and efficiency; ensure harmonious working of tools ecosystem, especially all integrations to/from Salesforce
- Collaborate cross-functionally (with Sales, Marketing, Supply, Product, Finance & Ops) to gather requirements and plan enablement of new data/reporting goals and ad hoc analysis requests
Qualities you’ll need (or develop!) in this role:
- Driven to improve processes and passionate about operational efficiency
- Enthusiastic about data and maniacal about data quality
- A detail-oriented, structured thinker, with ability to conceptualize complex systems and processes to spot errors or inefficiencies
- A self-starter, with the ability to prioritize and balance long-term execution while triaging multiple new requests per day
- An effective communicator, can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable with project management, taking the lead on initiatives to improve data and processes
- Ambitious to build on a new function at a rapidly growing company, with desire to grow a team as needs of sales and marketing engines expand
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com Sales cloud administration
- Ideally conversant with: custom fields and objects, page layouts, formula fields, workflow rules, profiles and permissions, sharing rules, validation rules, process builder, visual workflow, data loader, etc.
- Certifications: Salesforce ADM-201 (Admin) & ADM-301 (Advanced Admin) or higher
- Proficiency in development of Salesforce apex classes, visualforce components, and web services; or alternative programming experience, e.g. Java or similar language
- Product management experience and/or knowledge of software development processes and best practices
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and SQL and/or equivalent data analysis experience
- Familiarity with the consulting space and/or web marketplaces (esp. ‘gig economy’ platforms)
Catalant provides global enterprises with software solutions to access business expertise on demand. The company's innovative human capital solution matches top business professionals with enterprises to address their toughest challenges efficiently and in real-time. Catalant has built a global network of more than 35,000 independent experts, boutique firms and custom teams, as well as best-in-class software tools for engaging and managing this market. Based in Boston, Catalant serves thousands of clients, including nearly 10% of the Fortune 1000.
Our investors include General Catalyst and Highland Capital, two of the top Venture Capital firms out there, as well as famed investor Mark Cuban. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team on the east coast, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!