Looking for the opportunity to work with a top pre-IPO software company? Interested in pioneering the next generation of personalized financial services platform? Want to work with the technology that powers some of the biggest and well known financial institutions in the world?
Vestmark seeks a seasoned Sales Engineer to support sales of investment management software in an explosive sector in the financial services industry. This is an early-stage opportunity to join forces with an experienced team as we revolutionize operations of Separately Managed Accounts.
Key Personal Characteristics:
The successful candidate must have high energy and excellent client-facing skills. Must be intelligent, personable, and creative. The candidate must be able to quickly extract and understand client needs in absence of structured requirement feeds, and to articulately lead business and technical discussions to arrive at value-adding propositions. The candidate must be able to easily translate business problems into technical solutions, and to lead presentations and demonstrations leveraging Vestmark software. Technical aptitude is a must – candidate must be very proficient technically and architecturally with J2EE based enterprise class software.
- Ideal candidate should have at minimum 5 years’ experience working with pre/post-sales support and should have experience working directly with engineers and end-clients. This is not a Sales position, but rather a Sales Support position.
- Engage clients at initial stage of sales cycle to identify key business requirements
- Define key solution selling strategies
- Lead presentations, demonstrations, and discussions to demonstrate effectiveness of the Vestmark solution
- Establish key business and technical relationships with the client
- Generate ROI projections and analyses
- Actively participate in the RFP and requirement definition cycles
- Correspond with senior management and customer engineering to plan out implementation strategies
- Work closely with account representatives to close business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- A solid 5 years of strategic Sales Engineer experience
- A solid 5 years’ experience in financial services (investment management is most preferable)
- Excellent understanding of the technical sales cycle
- Ability to resolve complex issues and problems in unstructured environment
- Ability to effectively deal with various levels of customer organizations, including C-level
- Outstanding organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Able to cultivate trust and credibility with peers and maintain strong working relationships with all levels and functions of the company
- Strong grasp of latest software technologies
- An understanding of the investment management industry, especially in wealth management and separately managed accounts