Job Title: Quality Engineer Department & Organization: Engineer Level: Professional Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
At Acquia, quality engineering drives the quality tool chain and process in an open and collaborative environment. To ensure that we have a repeatable process and systems to thoroughly test and uncover defects, quality engineering uses best of breed tools for automation and testing frameworks (Capybara, Cucumber, etc.) in conjunction with in-house tooling, infrastructure and services. Quality engineers are embedded in each agile development team to facilitate and lead the testing strategy, and test automation requirements for every iteration and release. The quality engineering team also regularly meets to review and improve overall testing processes, automation, innovations and best practices. Each quality engineer works both independently and as part of a product group, where developers write tests and the quality engineering team supports the testing infrastructure and automation. In addition, they provide guidance for best practices and develop testing systems for smoke testing, behavioral testing, stress testing, performance testing, as well as supporting quality metrics.
Acquia is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to support the build and on-going maintenance of our Magento hosting infrastructure. This is a newly formed team that is rapidly expanding to build out a new product offering for Acquia customers.
- Work together with product managers, agile product owners, architects, tech leads and engineers to ensure the quality of our products
- Participate in technical discussions for products and test infrastructure
- Promote quality assurance programs, policies, processes and procedures to ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established standards
- Participate in planning/design phases of testing projects and recommend improvements
- Identify areas for improved testing efficiencies, test automation and implementation of automated test solutions
- Participate in team strategy and roadmap definition to expand test coverage by building appropriate tools, utilities, and automation that assist in functional testing
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, coding standards, etc.)
- 2-5 year’s experience in quality engineering including functional, system, integration and regression testing
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a modern web stack
- 1+ years programming experience in any of the web languages (perl, php, python, ruby) or equivalent
- Experience developing and deploying web applications (e.g. silex, rack, drupal)
- Experience using web test automation frameworks (Selenium, Casper, SOAP UI, Cucumber, QTP etc.)
- 2+ year’s experience in Scripting/Coding automation tests
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools (i.e. jUnit, DB Unit, Maven, Jenkins)
- Demonstrate knowledge of accepted QA methodologies, encompassing all facets of Quality Assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.