As a key member of the Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for defining, executing, and reporting of application performance related technical functions at Vestmark. You will work in coordination with the Vestmark products and engineering teams to test the VestmarkONE services, including portfolio accounting, trade order management, file import and processing. QA Engineers are involved in all aspects of the product development cycle including the review of product requirements and specifications, feature reviews, planning and scheduling of QA tasks, hands-on execution of QA tasks, providing feedback on product performance, and investigation of client issues.
- Apply expertise in specific product areas to ensure that VestmarkONE services meet documented performance requirements and general customer quality expectations
- Plan and schedule QA tasks; provide hands-on execution of tasks; develop test plans and QA processes, provide leadership in the development and implementation of manual and automated product scalability measurement tasks.
- Take ownership of product scalability testing during and after implementation of functional and architectural improvements.
- Help to define processes around identifying, triaging and remediation of scalability issues.
- Create framework around functional and performance testing of nightly adapter file feeds.
- Identify and implement scale testing scenarios as nightly BVT and periodic long running tests.
- Work with development teams during product requirement and design review period to identify potential performance issues and create scale testing plan to assist in successful feature implementation.
- Assist product implementation and support teams to resolve client escalated performance issues.
- Maintain and contribute to QA Performance testing wiki page.
- Contribute to the review of product documentation/release notes.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5-10 years of Software QA Experience for enterprise applications with an emphasis on Application Performance and scalability.
- Solid SQL Server/general database and SQL understanding.
- Strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail, and desire to work with financial data.
- Hands-on experience with test plan development, test case generation, test plan execution, formal defect tracking and reporting methodologies.
- Proven track record with researching, proposing, implementing and growing Performance and/or Integration testing programs.
- Experience with JMeter or equivalent performance testing and load generation tools.
- Experience with receiving, analyzing and transforming data file feeds for data import testing.
- Experience in Financial Technology domain.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Desired technical skills – Enterprise 3-tier Web applications and J2EE technologies (MS SQL, XML, IIS, JBOSS, Tomcat), Gradle, Maven, Bamboo, Windows and Windows Server.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- In-depth experience with investment management back-office operation systems.
- Experience with Jira or equivalent SDLC management tools.
- ETA, APL, FIX, IDC, Reuters, or Bloomberg experience a plus.