As a key member of the Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for defining, executing, and reporting of all QA related functions at Vestmark. You will work in coordination with the Vestmark products and engineering teams to test the VestmarkONE services, including portfolio accounting, trade order management, and performance measurement. QA Engineers are involved in all aspects of the product development cycle including the review of product requirements and specifications, feature reviews, planning and scheduling of QA tasks, hands-on execution of QA tasks, providing feedback on product performance, and investigation of client issues.
- Apply expertise in specific product areas to ensure that VestmarkONE services meet documented requirements and general customer quality expectations
- Plan and schedule QA tasks; provide hands-on execution of tasks; develop test plans and QA processes, provide leadership in the development and implementation of automated testing scripts by working closely with engineering
- Provide feedback on product performance
- Provide support, including onsite support, to client user acceptance testing cycles
- Assist implementation and support to resolve escalated client issues
- Coordinate and manage client User Acceptance Testing efforts in collaboration with Implementation Project Managers
- Support migration to and maintenance of new test case management system
- Publish Knowledge Base Articles
- Contribute to the review of product documentation/release notes.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS degree in Finance, Computer Science or equivalent. MSCS is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail, and desire to work with financial data
- Solid understanding of enterprise software quality assurance processes and product lifecycle. Hands-on experience with test plan development, test case generation, test plan execution, formal defect tracking and reporting methodologies.
- In-depth experience with investment management back-office operation systems
- Investment systems (portfolio accounting, reconciliation, trade order management, etc).
- Various security types (equity, mutual fund, fixed income, derivatives, etc).
- Financial reference data (prices, corporate actions, etc).
- BETA, APL, FIX, IDC, Reuters, or Bloomberg experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive release and feature test plans.
- Ability to plan, commit, and deliver to schedules.
- Ability to identify, escalate, and manage release QA issues.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Desired technical skills – Enterprise 3-tier Web applications and J2EE technologies (SQL, XML, IIS, JBOSS, Tomcat) and MS Windows.