Programmatic Trader-Advantage Media(Boston)
We are seeking a Programmatic Trader to lead trading on several pieces of business in our Boston office. Our approach to programmatic media is grounded in connected data. As a trader you will review, analyze and activate biddable media based on insightful data, and business objectives. Our programmatic team does not exist in a silo. They are active and embedded parts of our media teams. You will work closely with planners, integrated media directors, and our strategy group to ensure our approaches are integrated, consistent and set up to drive business results for our clients.
An ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of media analytics and be nimble enough to activate insights in a fluid and consistent way. A wealth of knowledge across 1st party and 3rd party data sets as well as a mathematical mind will serve candidates well
We seek someone who:
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Implement and manage day-to-day programmatic buys across multiple channels, formats and campaigns.
- Campaign set-up of programmatic buys in DSPs, with daily in-console monitoring of campaign pacing and performance against agreed-upon KPIs
- Set bid strategies, monitor performance, and identify and implement optimizations.
- Provide proactive recommendations and program insights.
- Deliver actionable audience and optimization-based insights at agreed upon frequency.
- Work closely with the integrated media and strategy teams to provide insights and recommendations that meet and exceed our client’s business objectives.
- Integrate reporting with other media disciplines.
- Understand client performance objectives and KPIs, and develop successful programmatic strategies to meet or exceed them.
Education, Testing & Innovation
- Support and educate planning teams in identifying opportunities.
- Develop and deepen relationships with data, inventory, and platform vendors.
- Maintain on-going knowledge of media buying platforms updates, and stay up-to-date on all industry trends and new technology.
- Keep daily tabs on industry trends and serve as a subject matter expert both internally and with clients.
- Develop and implement testing plans that align with client goals and objectives and ensure an on-going testing schedule and drive innovation.
- Work with integrated media and strategy teams to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights.
- Work with Analytics team to facilitate reporting and ad hoc analysis (where applicable)
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience with a focus on programmatic buying / selling at RTB, DSP, DMP, or SSP
- Background in math and/or economics is preferred
- Experience in digital media, particularly performance media
- Experience utilizing TURN, DataXu and TubeMogul a plus
- Sound understanding of ad-server or ad-operations technologies (e.g., DoubleClick)
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook