Product Test and Compliance Lead
Superpedestrian brings together design, robotics, and mobile technologies to develop new forms of human-powered mobility for cities. Our first product is the award-winning Copenhagen Wheel, licensed exclusively to Superpedestrian by MIT. People at Superpedestrian are both thinkers and doers with a wide variety of backgrounds. They are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, methodical and whimsical. If you like making things, are creative, and committed to excellence, you may belong on our team. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, create, and invent.
We are seeking a hands-on individual who will lead all aspects of product test and compliance. As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and leading the testing of the Copenhagen Wheel to ensure safety and quality from design through production.
What you’ll do:
- Be the subject matter expert for all product compliance related activities related to selling the Copenhagen Wheel worldwide
- Manage the testing of the mechanical and electrical hardware, embedded software, and interaction with the mobile apps.
- Provide guidance to the product development teams in terms of product regulatory requirements
- Bring experience with using outside testing laboratories to determine the right partners for product testing.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to develop and expand regression and release testing.
- Drive the development of test plans, procedures, custom test equipment and reports.
- Coordinate and implement regulatory and certification efforts.
- Compile and maintain Superpedestrian’s technical files and compliance documentation
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in product compliance and testing in both hardware and embedded software.
- BS in Engineering, with technical depth in at least one relevant domain.
- Ability to collect and organize data and information from disparate sources to provide clear, concise summaries and conclusions.
- Experience managing data in different digital systems such as Omnify PLM, Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with legal counsel for product regulatory activities both domestic and international is a plus