Marketers today have a lot of tools at their disposal. There are more options for targeting, more ways to personalize communication, and more access to data than ever before. And yet there’s still so much irrelevant marketing out there.
At Klaviyo, we think marketers know "sending the right message to the right people at the right time" is the key to getting better results. We believe the key reason behind irrelevant marketing isn’t the people behind the campaigns; it’s the tools they have to work with. Despite the explosion in martech, the products that let marketers communicate with people in a truly relevant, engaging way are either a pain in the ass to use or missing important features. The companies that make them are usually better at promising what their products can do than they are delivering on those promises.
That’s where Klaviyo comes in. Klaviyo helps good marketers drive better results for their businesses.
Our app makes sending the right messaging to the right person at the right time not only possible - but easy. And that’s not “six-months-of-development-work-to-implement” easy. Not “only-if-you-want-to-do-the-basics” easy. Not “hire-a-full-time-person-to-operate” easy. And it’s definitely not “if-you-don’t-care-about-the-results” easy.
Here’s how it works: Marketers can sign up on our website, integrate their ecommerce platforms with one click, send highly targeted email and ad campaigns; and get revenue-based performance reporting out of the box.
We have more than a thousand paying customers, we're profitable, and we're growing very quickly. If you care about making irrelevant marketing that doesn’t drive meaningful business results a thing of the past, we want to meet you!
About the Role
Klaviyo is a product driven company and is passionate about user experience and design. The Senior Product Designer will own the experience, interaction patterns and information architecture on our website and our applications which are used by tens of thousands of passionate users every day on the web and on mobile.
As talented with visual design as they are tech savvy, the Product Designer will advance the Klaviyo product design as well as its interaction patterns and components. They will apply color theory and design principles to improve aesthetics and usability and utilize their knowledge of user centered design methodologies to determine ideal product design strategy. The ideal candidate will be capable of performing user acceptance tests and even develop user personas from scenarios of use and interaction models.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process and agile design strategy. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product innovation, to prototyping the experience for a new feature or component, to pairing with engineering during agile development, to tweaking pixels right before launch and working with customers to perform field research. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Klaviyo product.
The Product Designer will work to grow the quality of the product as well as the design capabilities of the company and agile teams.
This position is full-time and based in Boston.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base
- Own the company and product style guide
- Design flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple (fewer clicks and screens is better)for our main product and our mobile applications
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and leadership teams
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Pair with design resources on marketing and other teams to ensure consistency across Klaviyo web properties and initiatives
- Grow your team -- recruit for, manage, and mentor junior designers and the UI/UX team.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, engineers and product managers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- BFA preferred (MFA is a plus), ideally in Visual Communication, Advertising or Design or equivalent experience in the field
- 3+ years working as a designer in a tech/product company or agency operating in an agile software development process
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design process, inspiration and decisions)
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’)
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software and iterating over time
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Balsamiq
- Experience utilizing CSS (LESS/SASS) and for building responsive applications
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.)
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are. Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
No phone calls or agency submissions, please.