A role with Rapid7 is not just another job opportunity.
It is the chance to work with a hyper growth company in the white-hot IT security sector where employees are empowered to impact how we operate as a business, gaining visibility and taking their career to the next level.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a top-performing, people focused individual to join our People Strategy team to aid us in implementing and continuously improving our innovative people strategy programs.
Our goal in People Strategy is to create one of the best employee workplaces on the planet, while supporting our business drivers. It is our aim to not just build an amazing software company who builds exceptional solutions for our customers – we aim to build an exceptional company for our people at the same time.
We are a unique, fast paced team and we are looking for a unique person to join us. What does that mean? You must be creative and innovative, employee-focused and have a strong drive to make a difference. Partner all that with some stellar human resources skills and we want to hear from you. Sound good?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, People Strategy the People Strategist will act as a strategic business partner across US and Canada to build key people initiatives and partner with leaders to handle day to day people issues while working in a rapidly growing fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be laser focused on understanding the business, our culture, our priorities and our people challenges and will work to build solutions that will enable our employees to have the most productive and satisfying work experiences of their careers! You will be the people expert - the business partner to senior leaders as they work on growing and developing their workforce!
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON:
- Partner with leaders across the organization and proactively diagnose and anticipate trends around people issues. Facilitate change/ solutions that will enable the successful completion of business objectives
- Work with People Strategy team and business leaders to ensure that employee initiatives are in line with and reinforce our company’s culture and core values
- In partnership with People Strategy leadership team, drive the execution of all components of the employee lifecycle from goal setting, performance management, merit and bonus planning, promotions and internal movements and exits, with a consistent focus on building a high-performing culture of growth and development through effective leadership, communication and feedback
- Act as a coach and partner to leaders to strengthen skills in regards to performance coaching, handling difficult conversations, get well plans and general employee relations (in compliance with local laws).
- Build and improve upon existing People Strategy data analysis to ensure the effective utilization of metrics to understand and solve business issues
- A natural problem solver with an incredible customer service focus
- A leader and influencer. People are comfortable around you and want to follow your lead
- Proven track record of coaching leaders, managing challenging team dynamics and driving change to align and re-energize teams
- Is proactive, self-motivated and has a strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
- Has an amazing attitude – personable, approachable, and always eager to help
- Self-starter – you are willing to work with leaders to identify people challenges and build programs and solutions to meet the gap
- You are an amazing communicator, able to effectively work with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business
- Is consultative in nature. Offers solutions and a point of view. Is not dictatorial.
- Handles ambiguity well – actually thrives in it
- Has ability to multi-task under pressure and works independently with minimal supervision
- Leaders love you because of your sense of humor, your insightful support, and the fact that you have a passion for making them successful
- 3-5 years of Business Partner experience in a lean, fast-paced work environment (experience in a global high-growth technology company preferred but not required)
- Solid understanding of HR Practices, Policies, and Employment Law
- Excellent influencing skills and High Level of Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field