Manager, Operations and Technical Accounting
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We’re currently seeking a Manger of Operations & Technical Accounting to report directly to the VP of Finance and be responsible for external reporting, technical accounting, SOX readiness, and special projects. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in building accurate and timely financial reporting and close processes with strong controls and the highest level of accuracy. To be successful candidates must possess strong technical account and financial reporting and an ability to work with all levels of management across all departments balancing business and finance needs.
- Assist in preparation of external financial statements in an SEC format including MDA, as well as the maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Maintain management financial reporting package, for VP of finance and CFO
- Work with business development creating and reviewing financial models for business transactions.
- Analyze product costs and margins, partnering with product management, FPA and revenue team.
- Work with outside valuation firm, to prepare quarterly common stock valuation.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards, to determine appropriate accounting and disclosure requirements specific to the Company.
- Oversee the preparation and review of the Company’s stock-based compensation expense and forecasts, dilutive share calculation, and capitalized software.
- As necessary, assist in special projects including system implementations, technical accounting research, and other ad hoc projects.
- Monitor and enhance internal controls for external reporting process, including the review of the Company’s process narratives and policies
- Coordinating with the Company's external auditors quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent). CPA required.
- 6+ years industry (SaaS industry experience strongly preferred) and public accounting experience (Big Four experience strongly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and its application are essential.
- Project management skills and ability to collaborate with senior management, outside legal counsel, valuation experts, external auditors and various departments
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Intacct is a plus.