Toast is an all-in-one point-of-sale and restaurant management platform.
As a cloud-based system built specifically for restaurants, Toast offers advanced functionality including tableside ordering, quick menu modifications, real-time enterprise reporting, online ordering, and labor management on an easy-to-use interface.
Why be a Toaster?
"I work here because I think we are building a strong business the right way and I will get a chance to be a part of something special. I also enjoy working with the top talent we have in an open culture where I can make an impact." - Archie G, Engineering Manager
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
Toast is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to play a critical role in evolving the architecture of our Android software platform, while mentoring a team of 3-5 engineers. Our Android software is used by restaurant staff every minute that a restaurant is open, from seating guests, to taking orders, to displaying orders in the kitchen. It is responsible for submitting payments for processing, helping sync data across tablets, and functioning as a customer facing kiosk. We need you to help transform our app into a platform that many teams can contribute to without slowing our pace of innovation.
Some projects we’ve been recently working on include:
- Build a kiosk that allows customers to place their own orders
- Improve queueing and resilience for synchronizing data with our cloud backend
- Improve login page for better security and usability
As a Lead Software Engineer on the POS Features team, you will:
- Write and review code every day
- Architect systems that can scale hundreds of thousands of customers
- Collaborate with product management to define technical and product roadmaps
- Lead the team to execute on complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for your customers
- Mentors 3-5 engineers
If you’re someone that
- is interested in mobile and the restaurant industry
- wants to work on systems that are critical to customer success
- enjoys devising technical solutions to solve complex business problems
- communicates clearly up, down and across teams
- can quickly hop into a new codebase and find your way around
- has experience performing large, complicated migrations without breaking (too much) stuff
- can balance getting things done with making things perfect
- takes pride in mentoring other developers
- likes to get involved in deciding what gets built to solve for the customer and the company
Please get in touch!