Jr. Copywriter, Marketing
Jr. Copywriter, Marketing
We’re looking for…
The Jr. Copywriter, Marketing is charged with bringing the Rue brand to life through words. This position will help craft everything from our daily push notifications, to on-site banners and dedicated emails.
What you’ll accomplish…
- With the guidance of the Senior Copywriter, apply Rue voice to on-brand, performance-based marketing communications for digital assets (banners, email, notifications) and print pieces
- Work collaboratively and constructively on each project with other members on the team including Marketing Managers, Art Directors, Designers, and Brand Operations
- Receive and enthusiastically address constructive feedback from the Creative leads
- Uphold Rue voice in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Faithfully maintain the Rue La La voice standards
- Opportunity to be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team
- Opportunity to work directly with business partners
- Opportunity to directly affect the business
- Opportunity to develop copywriting style across multiple media and platforms
THE RIGHT FIT:
- The foundational training to understand the basics of advertising writing and grammar and quickly grasp what makes one brand’s voice different from another
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retail and ecommerce.
- 1-2+ years of relevant work experience in an agency or in-house creative group.
- BA/BS in English, literature, communications, journalism, or a similar field.
- A solid portfolio showing training and potential
- A strong voice. You should be a witty wordsmith who can capture the distinct Rue voice.
- Ability to write copy that is both succinct and joy-filled (or willing to learn) and that champions for our brand voice.
- Desire to learn and understand Marketing best practices.
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed.
- Top-notch collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once, complete last-minute requests, and make quick turnarounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); comfortable with tools in an online environment.
- Cover letter and Portfolio Required
- This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Bonus points for…
- Any experience concepting integrated advertising campaigns
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. That’s where this department – with its consistent design and voice – comes in. Whether it’s the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, it’s just the beginning with this group.
The marketing creative team drives the Rue Member’s journey. We concept, design, and write cohesive campaigns that meet marketing’s strategy and objectives.
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.