InVision is the leading product design & collaboration platform recognized by Forbes as one of 2016's Next Billion-Dollar Startups. We provide over 2M people with an end-to-end design platform that takes any idea from concept to code. InVision is 100% remote, employing 250 people around the world, and voted a best place to work by Glassdoor.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That’s why more than 1,000,000 designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world's most loved startups, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce and many more.
We are looking for a few Engineering Managers for our growing Engineering teams. The candidate should be a player/coach, someone with significant technical chops who is willing to roll-up their sleeves and to actively guide and mentor. The candidate should be hands-on and be able to both review and write code as well as drive correct implementation.
- Passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams; you really enjoy watching engineers learn and thrive in their careers.
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved and the solution efficient.
- Keen idea for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can find solutions which may be outside of the box, you approach problem spaces from many angles.
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments; you can take all concerned parties into consideration and craft solutions which are win-win for everyone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be working with stakeholders from across the organization, from Product managers to C-level executives.
- Mentoring and helping engineers plan and execute their career plans.
- Listening to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact.
- Encouraging proper architecture, planning, and implementation process for your team and their stakeholders.
- Iterate on your product and own its quality and impact to our customers.
- Collaborating across departments to understand user needs, prioritize new features, communicate product roll-outs.
- 5+ years experience as a engineer, with at least the most recent 3+ years in Single-Page Apps
- 3+ years experience as the direct manager of software engineers in an agile, startup environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability, with a breadth of experience in both client-side and server-side technologies
- Preference for working in rapid development cycles (2-4 weeks)
- Familiarity with common tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins/CI
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- Obsessively thorough with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health coverage
- Macbook Air
- Membership at health club of your choice
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited Starbucks card
- Half-day Fridays!