Why be a Toaster?
"I work here because I think we are building a strong business the right way and I will get a chance to be a part of something special. I also enjoy working with the top talent we have in an open culture where I can make an impact." - Archie G, Engineering Manager
Toast is growing very rapidly, with an amazing culture and exciting technology challenges. We are looking for an energetic person who wants to make an impact to the Toast engineering organization by helping tell its story to the world. We want to take the Toast engineering brand awareness in the Boston area to the next level.
This is an excellent opportunity to work across the engineering, recruiting, and marketing teams to help to brand our culture and help us recruit amazing engineering talent to the Toast organization. By leveraging social media, Meetups and conferences, you will communicate the kinds of problems our engineers solve and expose our engineers to the Boston tech community. You will be able to build a strong personal network as you interact with engineers, companies, and more to evangelize Toast.
Are you looking for an opportunity in marketing or recruiting in the technology space? Are you someone that has a passion for talking to people about how cool their company is? If so, we want to talk!
- Evangelize the Toast brand to local tech and university communities
- Organize meetups to bring together engineers from inside and outside Toast
- Engage Toast engineers in the local tech community, including getting Toasters to speak at and attend events
- Grow and manage the Toast Engineering blog, authoring, soliciting, and editing content
- Grow and manage Toast Engineering’s social presence on Twitter and other relevant social media channels
- Find opportunities to amplify the reach of Toast Engineering content
- Partner with the Marketing team to amplify the Toast brand overall
- Partner with the recruiting team to help attract and retain top engineering talent
- Measure and report on our employer brand awareness efforts, finding opportunities for continued growth and improvement
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past experience in marketing, branding, and/or communications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a passion for content creation
- Data-driven self-starter, able to create, manage, and measure programs independently
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Proficiency with HubSpot, Google Analytics, and other marketing tools preferred