Editorial Review Board
Who we are
Our mission is to make the world a better place by unleashing the potential of billions of students worldwide. We believe that the current education system is broken because it rarely takes advantage of our personal motivations, leverage what science tells us about how our brains learn best, or use technology and big data to optimize and validate it's methods.
We're solving the 7 trillion dollar problem of one-size-fits-all education by creating a next-generation learning platform that makes learning fun and fiercely effective -- and that gets better the more we use it. The first application of our platform serves pre-meds and medical students. We currently serve 1 out of every 8 medical students across the country and are on pace to make it 1 out of 4 by the end of 2014.
What we're looking for
Firecracker is looking for assertive, outgoing, relaxed, and self-disciplined Attending Physicians, Residents and PhDs who are passionate about our mission and want to work in a results-oriented, collaborative and stimulating environment that prizes high-standards and celebrates attention to detail and error-free work.
The ideal candidate is someone who would love the opportunity to mentor students and residents, set content and related product standards and processes, review the work of our content team, and promote Firecracker's mission through various channels such as our blog, conferences and the press.
Firecracker is headquartered in Cambridge Massachusetts, but we are also looking for candidates who live elsewhere.
Subjects we are currently recruiting Reviewers for:
- Medical school level Anatomy, Behavioral Science, Biochemistry, Embryology, Immunology, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Orthopedics & Rheumatology, Psychiatry, Pulmonology, and Reproductive systems
- Medical school level Clinical Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Gynecology, Clinical Cardiology, Clinical Endocrinology, Clinical Gastroenterology, Clinical Hematology & Oncology, Clinical Nephrology, Clinical Orthopedics & Rheumatology, Clinical Pulmonology, Clinical Radiology, and Obstetrics
Specifically, we want someone who is/has:
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, unselfish, consistent, methodical, relaxed, detail-oriented, and self-disciplined
- Strong academic credentials
- Strong writing skills
- Teaching experience
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help Firecracker and her users succeed and adopt new roles and responsibilities on an as-needed basis
What you'll get:
- The immense satisfaction that comes from doing something critical for the advancement of humanity alongside other extraordinarily awesome people
- Rapid intellectual and professional growth
- The opportunity to inspire and motivate others and be recognized for your role in Firecracker collective success
- A supportive family-like environment that celebrates high attention to detail and error-free work
- $45/hr is the rate for a PGY1 resident. Pay increases with increasing years of formal post-graduate training