Director, Revenue Operations
TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP), a $1.4B+ revenue company in 2016, seeks a Director of Revenue Operations, reporting to the VP Accounting, to oversee all operational and technical accounting aspects of our global revenue cycle. This includes leading the development of back-office solutions and infrastructure to support several high growth, high volume transaction products as well as larger core revenue products across multiple divisions as well as supporting our technical accounting team in the area of revenue recognition and reporting. We are seeking a leader with strengths in personnel management, data analytics, payments, process automation and accounting experience in a high volume transaction environment. This person must be a critical thinker who solves problems independently and exhibits excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manage revenue operations in the flagship business unit of a dynamic, high growth organization with over $1.4B in revenue in 2016
- Lead a multi-national team of accounting staff and mid-level managers
- Analyze sales opportunities and contracts for the appropriate accounting of revenue recognition under the new standard (ASU 2014-09)
- Help define and implement tools and process to support rapidly growing transaction businesses
- Influence the evolution of the Company’s B2B and B2C payment platforms and methods
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to develop and refine system and reporting specifications
- Responsible for creating efficiency and automation through process improvement and leveraging of systems
- Manage invoicing and collections process and personnel for various revenue streams
- Manage month-end accounting close activities with responsibility for accurate and timely results
- Maintain close relationships with multiple sales organizations in order to support emerging products and complex customer agreements
- Maintain strong accounting and process controls and work closely with internal and external auditors
- Create a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership, clear goals, and a strong team orientation
- Proven ability to maintain flexibility and thrive in an environment with fast changing priorities and variability in daily tasks
- Ability to build and automate procedures and controls
- Maintain a collaborative, positive attitude in working across multiple departments
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with a focus on Accounting a must, MBA and/or CPA
- 10+ years of relevant experience demonstrating a progression of growth in scope and responsibility.
- Experience working in integrated ERP systems with experience in systems conversions
- Significant experience in the travel industry with a focus on payments
- Experience with BI tools and strong Excel skills
- Experience with database software, including but not limited to SQL
- Experience with Workday, PeopleSoft, Zuora and/or Salesforce
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***