Deep Thinking Product Designer
InVision is the world's leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide two million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, manage and user test web and mobile products. InVision drives the product design process at leading Fortune 100 companies, including at Disney, IBM, Walmart, Apple, Verizon and General Motors. Backed by Accel, ICONIQ Capital, FirstMark Capital, Tiger Global and others. InVision is a distributed team with over 300 employees around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced designer to deliver high quality product experiences across the InVision platform. You’ll own your projects from start to finish, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers, user researchers and engineers to deliver the best possible experience for our users.
What You’ll Do:
- Design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Develop a deep understanding of customer problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Take initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the product offering
- Push boundaries and break the product’s status quo to get us to the ideal future state
- Contribute to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire InVision platform
- Own the solution space and be able to sell your thinking with solid rationales
What You’ll Need:
- A deep understanding of the end to end product design process, including how to develop and use job stories, journey mapping, IA, wireframing, prototyping and user testing
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, marketing, research, support and more
- A comfort designing in an iterative way to learn and adapt
- Strong UI and motion design skills using current design tools
- An understanding of the technical limitations behind your decisions
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- 3+ years of professional experience designing consumer or SaaS applications
- A portfolio full of exceptional design thinking
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description