nToggle is poised to revolutionize programmatic advertising at a time when all sides of the media equation feel overwhelmed by the tidal wave and complexity of programmatic inventory. nToggle delivers heightened efficiency and transparency for buyers and sellers amidst the rapid rise of programmatic advertising.
The Data Science team is responsible for managing all data analytics, reporting and algorithmic aspects of nToggle. The data science team is an integral part of every function in the life cycle of the company to provide product, tools, business support. As a data scientist you will work closely with architects, engineers, account managers and data scientists within and outside the company. You will be involved from pre-sales to support. You will work on next generation algorithms development and help measure, maintain and upgrade current business.
Outstanding technical abilities with 5+ years of Scala, Java, or C/C++ development experience with statistical machine learning models
- Rounded business skills with the ability to understand customer business needs
- Ability to solve problems practically for clients and internal needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely with executives, engineers, account managers, sales, business partners and data scientists.
- Ability to respond to customer needs and meet deadlines with accurate work while under pressure
- Expected to build statistical, optimization and machine learning models followed by detailed pre-production out of sample validation and recommendation for a/b testing experiments with success criteria.
- Own complete life cycle from problem formulation to solution deployment and maintenance
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Have a strong mathematical background and have experience with modeling complex high dimensional problems
- Experience performing petabyte scale data analysis and developing meaningful visualizations
- Must be able to collaborate with architects, engineers, and data scientists within and outside the company.
- Proven to thrive in start up environments
- Experience defining and building web scale algorithms, reports and visualizations
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment and the ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Experience with developing production grade algorithms for the web scale
- Preferred - Ph.D. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative fields.
Outstanding technical abilities of Scala and Python development a plus
- Experience with Spark, Kaplan, Breeze, map/reduce models a plus
- Experience modeling stochastic processes, Bayesian learning models, utility theory, game theory a plus