Data Science Engineer
- Have a background in statistics and understand of different distributions and the conditions under which they’re valid (e.g. when is independence necessary and how do you test for this).
- Have experience with machine learning algorithms such as regressions, decision trees, k-means clustering and neural nets.
- Understand Bayesian modeling techniques and how those influence the model building process.
- Have experience cleaning and normalizing data sets as well as create holdout data sets to test and validate models on.
- Have used data science packages to train and validate models. We use Python, so Pandas, NumPy and SciPy are all packages we’re used to.
- Have demonstrated a measurable impact based on the models you’ve created. It’s not always easy getting a model correct, we love talking about places we got stuck and work as a team to think through ideas that could unblock us.
- Not required, but it’s a plus if you’re comfortable with web frameworks (we use Django) to wrap models in APIs that can be consumed by other product teams or our customers directly. Our engineering team makes it easy to deploy and manage services.
- Not required, but it’s a plus if you have experience with distributed algorithms for analyzing and modeling off of distributed data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or other relevant quantitative disciplines, or equivalent industry experience.
- Deep understanding of statistical distributions and linear algebra.
- Have worked in a data science role for 3+ years professionally or academically and can talk about the projects and techniques you used.
- Experience with Python and data science packages such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, etc.
- Experience with SQL and databases -- we use both SQL and “NoSQL” databases such as Cassandra.
About Us Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are. If this sounds like your ideal place to work, drop us a note!