About the Job
iZotope, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and experienced financial manager to join our team and report directly to the CFO. The Controller is responsible for producing accurate and timely financial statements and managing all aspects of the accounting and financial analysis functions. The position is responsible for: performing monthly closings, providing proactive financial analysis and delivering business insights, managing external audits and tax reporting, overseeing payroll processing, assisting with bank relationships, monthly reconciliations, and monitoring internal controls. This position has 5 reports, including: Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Payroll Accountant and Staff Accountant.
- Complete month-end process, including a comprehensive set of GAAP based financial statements.
- Establish and maintain internal control framework and proper segregation of duties.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid on time.
- Ensure payrolls and related are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage accurate recording of company’s equity accounts.
- Administer and ensure the accuracy of the Company’s accounting and financial systems.
- Maintenance of all accounting records and files including but not limited to A/R, A/P, general ledgers, and revenue recognition.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Ensure revenue recognition policy is in place and is applied appropriately. Evaluate new products and make recommendations as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Perform technical accounting research and document the company’s conclusions.
- Monitor accounting literature for new rules and reporting requirements that potentially impact the company; lead the implementation of any new standards.
- Manage preparation of Company’s financial forecasts and plans, and together with CFO manage the Company’s ongoing planning and forecasting process.
- Provide insights on financial and operating measures, using advanced financial analysis techniques. Present financial and accounting information to executives, managers and other employees.
- Define and manage preparation and delivery of business metrics to internal customers using dashboards, analytic reports and other forms.
- Represent finance in cross functional project teams.
- Other duties as assigned, commensurate with the level and scope of the position.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required; Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred with 6+ years related experience in progressive roles within public (preferably Big 4) and private industry, and including full-cycle accounting experience including preparation of financial statements.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise accounting software. Expertise in office productivity software (such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Strong grasp on state and federal taxes; US GAAP, and financial reporting.
- Capable of leading large projects, such as implementation of accounting software, and working with teams to accomplish cross-functional results.
- Previous experience with software revenue recognition rules (ASC 985, SOP 97-2) and applicable equity accounting rules is a plus.
- 2-3 years of management experience, including management of monthly close process and a team of 3+ staff members.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.