Come join one of the coolest companies to work for in Boston that is providing revolutionary software solutions to the restaurant industry.
As Toast's second hire in the Legal department and reporting to the General Counsel, you will play a key role in adapting the team to meet the needs of a rapidly growing organization. You'll get to work with people across the company in a wide variety of matters focusing primarily on contracts, commercial transactions, and negotiations. For the right candidate, this role will be a tremendous opportunity for growth as the demands of the company evolve.
Some Initial Responsibilities:
- Prepare initial drafts of, review and negotiate all commercial contracts to which Toast is a party
- Steer the contracting process from start to finish by appropriately addressing all legal risks and involving the appropriate stakeholders
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure efficient contracting process
- Ensure compliance with contracting processes and policies
- Maintain the contracts management repository
- Remain open to assist in other legal matters as role and needs evolve
Required Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum JD or LLM degree required
- Minimum 3 years medium or large law firm experience and 2-3 years in-house experience with significant contract negotiating experience.
- SaaS contract negotiation experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to consistently bring enthusiasm
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with a diverse workforce
- Self-motivated, hard-working and interested in making a difference
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
You will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston, MA.