The Business Analyst within our Customer Implementations team is an important hands-on role at Vestmark. The BA will work closely with the Solutions Architect, the Vestmark implementation teams, and clients to gather and map client business requirements to VestmarkONE capabilities. The BA will capture and document business requirements and generally assist in facilitating the successful VestmarkONE client implementations across the entire pre and post implementation lifecycle. The BA will also collaborate on refining the existing processes based upon post implementation reviews, interviews, and best practices to ensure a repeatable and scalable process.
- Gap, map, and document client business requirements and processes, and document customer engineering functional specifications, workflows, and procedures to support the various aspects of the client implementations.
- Coordinate the identification, development, and implementation of solutions against both strategic and tactical requirements
- Proactively maintain high level of VestmarkONE product/solution knowledge and awareness of applicable technology changes. Provide customized solution demonstrations linking VestmarkONE capabilities to client’s tactical pains and operational needs.
- Partner and build relationships with clients, internal and external subject matter experts, project management, and technology to drive and support product development and delivery.
- Elicit business requirements through cross functional working sessions with customers and internal teams to understand desired business goals.
- Present business requirements and proposed solutions internal and externally.
- Support the successful delivery of enhancements throughout the product lifecycle by providing subject matter expertise to customers and internal Vestmark teams.
Required Experience and Skills:
BA / BS required.
- Five + years progressive experience in financial services technology and operations, Financial Industry skills should include a general understanding of back office operations, portfolio management, and trading operations and relevant work experience in the brokerage and/or securities related industry.
- In-depth knowledge of financial products such as equities, options, bonds, and mutual funds. Familiarity with the data associated with the processing of securities, transactions, and positions of either retail or institutional portfolios.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in clear and concise manner. Must be able to quickly gain credibility with clients. Strong verbal and listening skills
- Strong technical writing skills, including the ability to describe business requirements, use cases, user stories, process flow diagrams, and detailed functional specifications using appropriate phrasing, terminology, and presentation, Jira and Confluence experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results under tight timelines.
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal skills, bright, energetic, self-motivating and a do what it takes attitude.
- Travel is required approximately 25 – 30%, dependent on client demands.