Billing and Revenue Operations Specialist
The Billing and Revenue Operations Spcislist will be a key player in our growing Revenue Operations team. This position is an entry-level position that will allow the right candidate to learn the full quote to cash process, including revenue recognition. Responsibilities of this position include assisting with recording orders, collecting, testing, and analyzing revenue and confirming that sales contracts meets the basic requirements for revenue recognition. The candidate must be able to work on cross-functional teams and have strong written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is necessary.
- Administer the order approval and entry process utilizing NetSuite, Recurly, or a combination of both
- Enter all sales contract data into our order entry systems
- Work closely with account executives to ensure all contracts are complete, accurate, and meet internal requirements
- Work with the rest of the revenue operations team to reconcile any order inaccuracies
- Reconcile NetSuite for all order data
- Partner as a business advisor with sales reps to ensure that systems, revenue, compensation, legal, and sales operations are aligned on deals
- Advise reps on what is/is not within corporate guidelines
- Prepare invoicing batches and email to Customers
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved and provide follow-up communication to customer once resolved
- Responsible for ensuring timely customer payments, as well as resolving past due receivable issues on selected accounts
- Evaluate and verify software revenue is accurately and timely recorded according to relevant GAAP requirements.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations or other analysis as requested
- Analyze revenue allocations on sales orders on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Assist with customer billings and collections, as needed
- Assist in various initiatives such as system improvements, international expansion and the adoption of new accounting guidance
- Assist with special projects as needed by Management.
- Up to 2 years of experience in accounting, order management, billing or analytics a plus
- BA/ BS in Accounting or Finance degree from 4 year college or university or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining professionalism is required
- Effective and decisive under pressure
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with ability to positively cope with change
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Master Excel skills
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills, concise documentation skills and ability to meet tight deadlines